Tom Tucker wrote:
Well.... It won't necessarily fail will it? If you specified the source
address as another port on the same machine, but NOT the one with
connectivity to the remote peer, the routine will succeed, but the
results are not what you expect...and you will fail further down the
line (looking up the path record). This is one of the "bizarre" failures
I was originally referring to.

If a source address is NOT specified, then I don't think that there's any issue.

If a source address is specified, a failure can occur during rdma_resolve_route() with an error that the source and destination addresses are not reachable. This seems reasonable to me.

- Sean