Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
To keep the design as flexible as possible, my plan is to implement the cache in userspace. The interface to the cache would be via MADs. Clients would send their queries to the sa_cache instead of the SA itself. The format of the MADs would be essentially identical to those used to query the SA itself. Response MADs would contain any requested information. If the cache could not satisfy a request, the sa_cache would query the SA, update its cache, then return a reply.

Bouncing queries required for e.g. IPoIB or SDP
to userspace seems like a deadlock scenario in case userspace
is located e.g. on an NFS share.

The SA itself is implemented in userspace.  I don't see any issue here.

- Sean