1. Do not migrate ipoib to use the multicast module.
2. Add a timeout to the multicast module.  It's not clear how to reconcile
different timeouts for the same group, so I'm less certain how to do this.
3. Currently, ipoib backoff is used both as the timeout for a single request and
the time between retries.  Instead, use it only the time between retrying
requests.

After studying ipoib more, I'm leaning strongly towards option 1 at this point. I don't think that ipoib would benefit from using the multicast module, nor do I think it would it simplify the code any.

- Sean