Given this is an extension to Sockets, should it not also be reviewed by the Sockets owners?

What about the API itself?  Any plans to make this portable to other OS / endnodes or have a spec and associated wire protocol that is reviewed perhaps in the IETF so it is applicable to more than just Oracle?  It seems this really should be standardized within the IETF to gain broad adoption and insure it will be interoperable across all implementations not just OpenFabric's.