On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 15:05 -0800, Arlin Davis wrote:
> Steve Wise wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 14:02 -0600, Steve Wise wrote:
> >

> >>Arlin,
> >>
> >>The OFED dapl code is assuming the responder_resources and
> >>initiator_depth passed up on a connection request event are from the
> >>remote peer.  This doesn't happen for iWARP.  In the current iWARP
> >>specifications, its up to the application to exchange this information
> >>somehow. So these are defaulting to 0 on the server side of any dapl
> >>connection over iWARP.
> >>
> >>This is a fairly recent change, I think.  We need to come up with some
> >>way to deal with this for OFED 1.2 IMO.
> >>

> Yes, this was changed recently to sync up with the rdma_cm changes that
> exposed the values.
>

> >The IWCM could set these to the device max values for instance.
> >

> That would work fine as long as you know the remote settings will be
> equal or better. The provider just sets the min of local device max
> values and the remote values provided with the request.

I know Krishna Kumar is working on a solution for exchanging this info
in private data so the IWCM can "do the right thing".  Stay tuned for a
patch series to review for this.  But this functionality is definitely
post OFED-1.2.

So for the OFED-1.2, I will set these to the device max in the IWCM.
Assuming the other side is OFED 1.2 DAPL, then it will work fine.

Steve.