On 11/29/10 10:48, Calum Mackay wrote:
On 29/11/10 15:34, Frank Middleton wrote:
Just a guess, but shouldn't the mountpoint first be set back to "/"

zfs umount newrpool/ROOT/openindiana
zfs set mountpoint=/ newrpool/ROOT/openindiana
zpool export newrpool

I did not find that to be necessary in my own tests...

Yes, I guess the bootfs property overrides it, and it's incorrect, anyway:
zfs set mountpoint=legacy
but as you say it doesn't seem to make any difference. As a result I
wonder why importing a bootable root pool doesn't mount its root
automatically. Are there any use cases where the current behavior
is useful? A recursive option like import -r might be handy...

Also, note the above would likely render the system unbootable, as it
would leave the pool named as newrpool (as per previous emails).

Unless it started out life as newrpool :-).

That is undoubtedly why the OP had the problem...

Cheers -- Frank