> Bear a few things in mind:
>
> iops is not iops.
<snip/>

I am totally aware of these differences, but it seems some people think RAIDz
is nonsense unless you don't need speed at all. My testing shows (so far) that
the speed is quite good, far better than single drives. Also, as Eric said,
those speeds are for random i/o. I doubt there is very much out there that is
truely random i/o except perhaps databases, but then, I would never use
raid5/raidz for a DB unless at gunpoint.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk