I use the Alix boards http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3d3.htm [available stateside from netgate.com] for projects like this. AMD Geode CPU, common VGA/USB keyboard input, i386 versions of most OSes work, although I haven't tried any variation of OI/Solaris on it.

Sometimes you just want some hardware that works. :)

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX

Jacob Ritorto wrote:
Hi,
I was thinking of building a minimal low performance/experimental zfs filer on a beagleboard ( http://beagleboard.org ) or something similar with a 2tb mirror disk set attached via usb and a serial console. Are there any projects or plans to compile/port OpenIndiana to arm? If not, I see that Ubuntu already works on beagleboard, so that, plus the Livermore zfs-on-linux port ( http://zfsonlinux.org ) would perhaps do the trick for now, I guess..

thoughts?

thx
jake