Fax is of no interest, but the scanning facility is - otherwise we wouldn't be looking at multifunction printers.

Buried deep in the Samsung "Unified Linux driver" for the CLX-6220FX I mentioned originally, there are 2 folders named CUPS and SANE, but I see no sign of a ppd file and it comes with a (Linux) install script so I'm not clear what OI would make of it. Your final question is the same as mine - are there any such printers supported ?