There is a compiled version for opensolaris, can be downloaded.
I have smf manifest / function working (tweaked from old sun versions) I can share
Bruno
PS : running postgresql-9.0.3 on solaris 11 express

Hello, here I am
* download link :
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0.3/solaris/solaris11/i386/
* manifest (.xml) (to import with svccfg) and method (lives in /lib/svc/method) are attached. I installed (ie untarred) pg in /opt, comes up under /opt/postgres/9.0-pgdg/, you can customize the manifest before import if you want to install elsewhere. I have install the two versions (32 and 64), and my datadirs are /data/postgres90_32 and /data/postgres90_64, you'll have to tweak that as you want (and of course, you have to untar the 2 tarball if you want both.
you can tweak afterwords with svccfg.
Good luck
Bruno
My data dir is

#!/sbin/sh
#
# CDDL HEADER START
#
# The contents of this file are subject to the terms of the
# Common Development and Distribution License (the "License").
# You may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
#
# You can obtain a copy of the license at usr/src/OPENSOLARIS.LICENSE
# or http://www.opensolaris.org/os/licensing.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions
# and limitations under the License.
#
# When distributing Covered Code, include this CDDL HEADER in each
# file and include the License file at usr/src/OPENSOLARIS.LICENSE.
# If applicable, add the following below this CDDL HEADER, with the
# fields enclosed by brackets "[]" replaced with your own identifying
# information: Portions Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
#
# CDDL HEADER END
#
# Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
#ident  "@(#)postgres_90        1.0     10/12/04 BD"

. /lib/svc/share/smf_include.sh

# SMF_FMRI is the name of the target service. This allows multiple instances
# to use the same script.

getproparg() {
        val=`svcprop -p $1 $SMF_FMRI`
        [ -n "$val" ] && echo $val
}

check_data_dir() {
        if [ ! -d $PGDATA ]; then
                echo "Error: postgresql_90/data directory $PGDATA does not
exist"
                exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR_CONFIG
        fi

        if [ ! -w $PGDATA ]; then
                echo "Error: postgresql_84/data directory $PGDATA is not
writable by postgres"
                exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR_CONFIG
        fi

        if [ ! -d $PGDATA/base -o ! -d $PGDATA/global -o ! -f
$PGDATA/PG_VERSION ]; then
                # If the directory is empty we can create the database files
                # on behalf of the user using initdb
                if [ `ls -a $PGDATA | wc -w` -le 2 ]; then
                        echo "Notice: postgresql_84/data directory $PGDATA is
empty"
                        echo "Calling '$PGBIN/initdb -D $PGDATA' to initialize"

                        $PGBIN/initdb -D $PGDATA
                        if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
                                echo "Error: initdb failed"
                                exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR
                        fi
                else
                        echo "Error: postgresql_84/data directory $PGDATA is
not empty, nor is it a valid PostgreSQL data directory"
                        exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR_CONFIG
                fi
        fi
}

PGBIN=`getproparg postgresql_90/bin`
PGDATA=`getproparg postgresql_90/data`
PGLOG=`getproparg postgresql_90/log`

if [ -z $SMF_FMRI ]; then
        echo "Error: SMF framework variables are not initialized"
        exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR
fi

if [ -z $PGDATA ]; then
        echo "Error: postgresql_90/data property not set"
        exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR_CONFIG
fi

if [ -z $PGLOG ]; then
        echo "Error: postgresql_84/log property not set"
        exit $SMF_EXIT_ERR_CONFIG
fi

case "$1" in
'start')
        check_data_dir
        $PGBIN/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -l $PGDATA/$PGLOG start
        ;;

'stop')
        $PGBIN/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA stop
        ;;