There's two I use regularly.

The one I can't really live without is a Cisco one - I use vpnc on
Fedora for this.

The other is PPTP.

Andrew.

2011/4/6 Ignacio Marambio Catán <[email protected]>:
> what kind of vpn do you have, openvpn based? ipsec based?
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Andrew Myers <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've come to OI from the Linux world (Fedora), and need to set up a
>> VPN connection to my office network.
>>
>> In Linux I have used the Gnome NetworkManager applet to add them.
>> Where do I go in OI to create a VPN connection?  I'm happy to do it
>> from the command line if necessary, but I don't know where to start.
>>
>> Also, if I go through the menu option System -> Administration ->
>> Network it prompts me for the root password but when I enter it
>> nothing seems to happen (no visible app opens anyway).
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Andrew.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
>>
>

_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to