On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 02:00 PM, Gregory Youngblood wrote:
On Jul 11, 2011, at 9:07 PM, Joshua M. Clulow wrote:

On 2011-07-09 14:20, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
Most of us use GUI-based email readers that handle>80char subjects. Is
this really an issue?

Yes, it is really an issue.  Trying to make sense of mailing list
subjects on my phone, for instance, is a bit tiresome.

I have my mail app on half my screen and with my current setup the subject I see is
"Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Shorter su..."

My suggestion is to change the subject prefix in the list software from
"[OpenIndiana-discuss]" to "[oi-disc]" and that will reclaim a lot of subject
line real estate all by itself.

+1