On 11/11/11 06:48, James Carlson wrote:
Gary Mills wrote:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 08:47:56AM -0500, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
From: Gabriele Bulfon [mailto:gbul...@sonicle.com]

Oracle announced availabilty of Solaris 11.
Do you notice any real news in the O.S. that OI/IllumOS has not?
What is the status of the promised sources?
Sources were never promised.  We all want them, but I never believed they
were going to release them.
Is there a legal requirement to release source built in to CDDL?
If not, we are unlikely to see it.
They're the legal owners of the code, so it frankly does not matter what
the CDDL says.  The property owner can set or change any terms at any
time, and is not bound by previous terms.

But sources were indeed promised at some unspecified date after the
binary release.  Hope they carry through.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-discuss/2010-August/059310.html

Some solaris 11 code were published and it appears some of the files are CDDL licensed . I guess this is the only CDDL source will get. well, maybe for now.

       http://oss.oracle.com/systems-opensourcecode/#oracle-solaris