Hi,

I tried to start up smtp-notify, but it failed because sendmail-client wasn't running. This is a problem because I have a sendmail replacement (qmail) running. Once I modified the dependencies using svccfg to exclude sendmail-client and include qmail-smtp (which provides the sendmail equivalent) it ran fine.

However, this bring up the question of how to deal with an MTA replacement for sendmail functionality in general. I'm sure that others will be using postfix, qmail, etc. instead of sendmail. We should figure a way that a MTA replacement doesn't break functionality of services like smtp-notify.

Gary