On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, John McEntee wrote:

I am having problems with a openindiana storage server I have built am I am
trying to track down the cause to fix it. The current symptoms are seen from
all windows clients (both 7 and XP) that will report an error stating.

Path File is not accessible. The specified network name is no longer
available.

The first thing to verify is your network and network interface. Run continuous traffic and see if there are any hickups. You can use /usr/sbin/ping for testing with larger packets.

Also check the log files under /var/adm and /var/log. Also check output of 'fmadm -ev' and 'fmadm faulty'.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn