Hello Indiana's :)

I have configured Openindiana to be able to login as root without first login as an unprivileged user and after that run sudo. Now i had a problem within a Script (chmod command) and found out that the $PATH variable is different from signing in with "sudo su". I know the reason is the "~/.profile" Script where "/usr/gnu/bin" is added in front of the PATH variable, but what is the reason for this behavior? Until now i was not aware of that but i can imagine that this could make troubles in scripts scheduled by cron for example.