On 25/09/2012 14:52, Jim Klimov wrote:
2012-09-24 17:42, Magnus пишет:

On Sep 24, 2012, at 6:09 AM, Sebastian Gabler wrote:

PS: I am using the Solaris cp command to have an easy way to preserve file attributes moving a share from one pool to the other of my CIFS server.

rsync would do a better job of that generally speaking.

No it won't, if we're speaking about ACLs and extended attributes
which rsync AFAIK does not know about. In this case you might be
better served by Sun versions of find and cpio, see examples in
the cpio manpage.
//Jim

I think it depends on your rsync :-)

> rsync --version
rsync  version 3.0.9  protocol version 30
> man rsync
      -A, --acls                  preserve ACLs (implies -p)
      -X, --xattrs                preserve extended attributes

The standard one with Solaris 11 seems to do ACLs but not xattrs:

> /bin/rsync --help
rsync  version 3.0.8  protocol version 30
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 32-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, ACLs, no xattrs, iconv, symtimes

Rob

--
E-Mail: rob.mcma...@warwick.ac.uk               PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England