On 12/20/12 06:59, dormitionsk...@hotmail.com wrote:
How did you get OpenCSW to work in OpenIndiana?

I tried it, and couldn't get the repository to load.  When I did "pkgadd
-dhttp://get.opencsw.org/now";, it errored out.  Trying to add it via the gui didn't
fare any better.  I didn't feel like going onto their newsgroup for assistance, so I just
installed from source.

i can't help if you just say "it errored out" sorry
pkgadd works fine for me. And i don't understand the difference between going to the "opencsw" newsgroup or OI, it's just a newsgroup, isnt it? i was just talking about sharing experience, and it's just my point of view. I prefer to join an existing group instead of starting from scratch. But that's just my point of view

gerard