> Unless I've badly misunderstood what I've read it can do that now.  Of
> course, comments and code are not always in agreement.  Or perhaps  the more
> common, "However, if you did that then, you can't do this now."

The thing is that there doesn't seem to be anything anywhere that actually says
"ephemeral IDs will persist".  There's a cache, which you can change the
timeouts for, but from what I can see it either updates the cache anyway, or
updates the UID of cached objects.

> Ignoring that the only limitation I see is what will Windows & Mac OS reveal
> w/o requiring installing a program. If OI can query the AD hosts, then idmap
> can trigger an update on a fail of identifier lookup.  That's a pretty clean
> change.  One function call in the right place.

It's getting someone who can write the function call that is tricky!

James.