On 2013-07-26 17:17, Jason Lawrence wrote:
The warning on http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/LZ4+Compression implies 
the pool must be imported in order to update grub properly. I thought for sure 
that stage2 was placed within the filesystem, not in MBR or another fixed 
location.

I didn't have much luck with the 151a7 live CD, so I'm going to give OmniOS a 
try. I'm very open to other suggestions or ideas.

Hmmm... maybe that holds for installation of the GRUB pieces which are
stored as files on the FS. Those stages which go into fixed sector
offsets should be FS-agnostic (in fact, they are what mounts the FS
for GRUB and lets it find the menu, kernel, boot-archive and so on).

Then again, I wouldn't want to break your system by remote mis-advice :)

I also implicitly assumed that your updated system did include the
newer GRUB package (and files) and just did not do installgrub. This
might have been a false assumption - then you'd need to import the
pool.

Let's hope you have better luck with live media of some other illumos
distro and are able to update GRUB from there...

//Jim



_______________________________________________
OpenIndiana-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss

Reply via email to