I checked the HCL and saw that basically no adaptec cards are listed. I was
just wondering what it takes to really have an item moved onto the HCL (short
of the manufacturer releasing a driver of course). The series 7 cards are nice
in that they can support up to 24 devices in hba mode without an expander.
Adaptec did release solaris drivers but they are so bad it is as if they didn't
even test them. Also you cannot boot from the adaptec series 7 under solaris
according to the release notes for the driver. I was just curious if the same
would be expected under OI if the drivers were ported over.