so far we've been discussing network. How about the disk subsystem side? I've had a situation where a rebuild (RAID10 equivalent with 3x RAID1 vdevs, had to replace a faulty disk), together with an overnight snapshot and replication to another server, was "enough" to cause iscsi timeouts.

On 13/08/2013 21:18, Doug Hughes wrote:
We have lacp working between force10, hp, and cisco switches in all possible
combinations with no difficulties. We do monitor and alert on excessive errors
and drops for interfaces, but lacp isnt a culprit. If anything, it's an
underlying interface when we find them. Also, it beats the heck out of spanning
tree and is 2 orders of magnitude simpler than ospf, and 1 order simpler and
more portable than ecmp. I am quite surprised by your observations.

Sent from my android device.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana)" <openindi...@nedharvey.com>
To: Discussion list for OpenIndiana <openindiana-discuss@openindiana.org>
Sent: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] VMware

From: James Relph [mailto:ja...@themacplace.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 4:47 PM

No, we're not getting any ping loss, that's the thing.  The network looks
entirely faultless.  We've run pings for 24 hours with no ping loss.
Yeah, I swore you said you had ping loss before - but if not - I don't think ping alone
is sufficient.  You have to find the error counters on the LACP interfaces.  Everybody
everywhere seems to blindly assume LACP works reliably, but to me, simply saying the term
"LACP" is a red flag.  It's extremely temperamental, and the resultant behavior
is exactly as you've described.

Disclaimer: use of our emails are governed by terms at http://360-jambo.com/emd