On 2013-11-18 15:27, Jim Klimov wrote:
   While testing my works on SMF inter-dependencies, I discovered
that if I run svcadm restart, then the dependency service stops
first, and only when its state changes to "offline", the dependent
services begin to shut down. In the meanwhile, the dependency
service begins to start-up, allowing the dependents to restart later.

   Apparently, this is not good: for example, if the dependency is a
database, and the dependent is a content-management server, the latter
will not be able to flush dirty data (if it must), close the database
connections and shut down cleanly - because the restarted DBMS is no
longer available by the time the appserver begins to stop.

This bug bit me again, so I filed it for posterity:
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4395

//Jim Klimov