On 01/27/14 11:00 AM, Saso Kiselkov wrote:
On 1/26/14, 12:40 PM, Predrag Zecevic wrote:
Hi all,

recently I saw announcement of OI 1.9 and decided to move my /dev from
(latest) 1.8 to 1.9. But before, I have enabled lz4 compression on few
FS (not sure how many, see below why).

Now, I cannot boot anymore:

a) attempt to boot ends to 'grub>' prompt and stops there (scrolling on
screen goes very fast, cannot read any message displayed before)

b) booting from latest USB image
(http://dlc-origin.openindiana.org/isos/hipster/OI-hipster-gui-20140124.usb)
displays typical screen, and after choosing installation (edited by
adding '-v' switch), I get message:

---8<---
kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/$ISADIR/unix -B livemode=vesa -v
missing feature for read 'org.illumos:lz4_compress'
missing feature for read 'org.illumos:lz4_compress'
missing feature for read 'org.illumos:lz4_compress'
missing feature for read 'org.illumos:lz4_compress'

Error 17: cannot mount selected partition
---8<---

This won't work, because the ISO simply hops to your disk GRUB, which is
what's not working in the first place. You need to boot the ISO, select
the shell and then use installgrub to update the stage1/2 files on the
boot drive(s).

Cheers,

Hi,

but I have tried to boot from USB (didn't tried DVD yet, will try later today). That boot fails.

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zece...@2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                      65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Flugg's Law: When you need to knock on wood is when you realize that the world is composed of vinyl, naugahyde and aluminum.