On 10/14/14 11:15 PM, The Outsider wrote:
Is that really true?

I mean even Sun's solaris 10 were not-redistributable. I have a lot of solaris
10 documents that i don't dare to share because of the disclaimers at the first
pages.

Even Sun solaris 10 had a line in the disclaimer that is was not allowed to post
any benchmark results without written permission of Sun.

So therefor my question, has it really changed?

The change is vs. OpenSolaris, not vs. Solaris 10.   OpenIndiana only exists at
all because there was a 5 year period between Solaris 10 & 11 in which Sun made
source code, documentation, etc. for the OS under development open source and
redistributable - that ended after the Oracle acquisition with the return to the
closed source/non-redistributable model of Solaris 10.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersm...@oracle.com