On 22/01/2015 17:59, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
Hello,

I have tried Mozilla Firefox 31.4.0 on a machine where
I installed OpenIndiana a8 yesterday and it dumps core.
Has anyone noticed this?
A.S.

Running on dev a9 without nits, even google maps is ok.
Flash is going downhill, as more and more videos use
newer features, so a larger percentage than last year
is crashing now (but still in an acceptable 1-3% range).
Always use new /usr/local/lib firefox directories and
map ALL your helpers in gnome, thunderbird, acroread
etc. to a /usr/local/bin/firefox. If only one falls back
to the system installed old /usr/bin/firefox (get rid of
that link, point it to your /usr/local/lib/firefox/firefox),
I suspect that your .mozilla/firefox/ profile will be
corrupted.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php