On 15-07-23 01:17 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
23 июля 2015 г. 21:31:07 CEST, Geoff Nordli <geo...@gnaa.net> пишет:
On 15-07-22 11:14 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
23 июля 2015 г. 1:31:23 CEST, Carl Brewer <c...@bl.echidna.id.au>
пишет:
On 22/07/2015 3:24 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:

Essentially, the changes are needed to have the script
install/uninstall usb drivers (you can force networking by a
touchfile).
If you never used these - you can probably get away with default
packages.

So if it's been "just working" for the last forever, it will
probably
continue to do so without breaking anything?

Instructions are in the readme on github project.
Thanks Jim!

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android

It depends. Over time there are changes both to script logic and to
ways OSes present themselves (there's half a dozen known 'standard'
FMRI patterns recognized in the script, and that's just for the
post-SVR4 distros of OpenSolaris and newer).
If the script does not come to a conclusion, it aborts.

So it is not granted that over time it will continue 'just working'
as you get new releases of both OSes and VBox. :)
Jim

Hi Jim.

I watch the vbox-dev list and I noticed you were working on getting
illumos based distros better supported, which is great, and thank you
for that!!!

Does this include getting the crossbow networking module working as
well?   The discussion seemed to indicate that, but I am not sure.

thanks,

Geoff

Sorry, no, I am not that much of a developer to desearch or fix that ;)

I hope to integrate at least some of those fixes I apply to vboxconfig.sh
script so I no longer have to edit the package in order to update it along with
usbfilter and illumos-compatible networking drivers.

Egoism and laziness are great drivers of progress, ain't they? Well, and
good-heartesness helps too ;)

OK, I guess it was just wishful thinking on the crossbow side of things.

Thanks for your work with vbox and illumos!!

Geoff