In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Multiple monitor support, Rick C....:

I need some more major X help.  Can someone email me privately?  Or
recommend a place to get that help?

Rick-

The most likely place to look for the answer to "what happened" is in
the X log file, which is almost certainly going to be /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Probably the thing to do is put your X log file from the failed startup
somewhere where it's reachable as a URL, so that people can download it
and take a look.  Something like "pastebin", if you don't have a personal
web site where you could upload it.

You may also want to put up the X log file from your *successful* X
succession under a different file name.  That way, people have something
to compare to, specific to your hardware.

Comparing the good, working log with the failed log may point out where
things went off the rails.

Tim

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Rick C. Hodgin <rick.c.hod...@gmail.com>