On 04/12/16 06:39 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
:( No way, Jim :( can't see the reason.
I have no problem with any other desktop software, only vbox and only thourgh
the console of any guest (tried another illumos,
linux and freebsd). I read old posts talking about xmodmap or keymaps, but that
is pure madness...
What I can say, is that the hosting XStreamOS Desktop machine is installed with
Italian keyboard, but that is not a problem
for the X11 desktop, nor for the VirtualBox configuration GUI...just when it
runs consoles...whatever appears inside...text or graphic

I am running VirtualBox on OI hipster with US locale when loggin to Oi (and also US locale in VM guest) and haven't seen anything bad yet. I can try how it behaves when OI desktop session is with another locale and when I boot into console in VM, so I will see if I can reproduce this and report.

What do you have as LANG LC_ALL etc. when you start the VM GUI? Is it English,
Italian, etc?
Try to start (or wrap) GUI with `LANG=C LC_ALL=C /opt/VirtualBox/VirtualBox` -
maybe this will help? At least, similar things influence rdesktop for example...
Jim