Tim Mooney писал 16.08.2016 21:22:
In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Mate is here (as well as new test...:

So, let me introduce Mate 1.14. To facilitate installing, I've created pkg:/mate_install, which should be shortly available. Unfortunately, when you have both Gnome 2 and Mate installed, both of them try to use the same applications, so you'll have interesting time removing Gnome 2 applications from Mate and vice versa.

So what does that mean for an existing hipster install that wishes to
switch to MATE? Are we supposed to install /mate_install first and then manually remove a list of gnome-related packages? Or, would it be better
to remove gnome packages first, then install mate_install?

I'd suggest you to install mate_install and then remove mate_install
and the following package list:
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/meta-packages/install-types/includes/gnome2 . As for removing gnome2 packages, I still haven't experimented with this (but will shortly),
after that will write some instructions.

---