Michael Kruger wrote:
On 09/25/2016 04:24 PM, Adam Števko wrote:
HI,

out of curiosity, how was the NTFS created? When I tested this last, I
was able to mount ntfs properly. However, the partition was created by
ntfs-3g tools.

Adam

I don't recall as it's been a while since I tried. It was either created
under Windows 10, or using gparted under Linux. I never considered
trying to do it on OI. Seems to me the value of ntfs-3g would be
diminished if it can only work with partitions and filesystems created
by the tool itself.

Of course, ntfs-3g can read and write to partitions formatted
by Windows. Note however

For that matter, I'm curious whether a Windows system would respect a
partition and NTFS filesystem created by ntfs-3g. I sure would hope so
as this utility is, after all, to help provide interoperability.

Of course it does, the main purpose is indeed to provide
interoperability. All my user files (documentation, music,
source code including ntfs-3g, etc.) are on ntfs and
shared between Windows, Linux and OpenIndiana.