Am 21.04.17 um 20:25 schrieb C. R. Oldham:
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Andreas Wacknitz <a.wackn...@gmx.de> wrote:
Am 21.04.17 um 20:06 schrieb C. R. Oldham:
Note that ZoL does have a couple of limitations that can make it
challenging to use it as the backing store for KVM.
That's interesting, Proxmox, a Debian based distribution, can use ZFS and
run KVM on it.
It might have been more accurate for me to say that it seems to be
challenging to use OpenNebula with ZFS then.

I haven't used Proxmox, maybe it is smart enough to restrict the
caching options to what works best with ZFS?
I can't tell. It's a specialized distribution and I am currently evaluating it because
SmartOS does not work well on my HP ProLiant DL360 G7.
But I am just recently started playing with it so I cannot say much about internal details yet. I would prefer to use SmartOS but I have been told on IRC that it is for data center and thus
power consumption is irrelevant.

Regards,
Andreas

--cro