On 11/12/17 12:10 PM, Gary Mills wrote:
When I upgraded hipster yesterday, I got this errors in the message
log:

     Nov 11 14:55:01 ryzen mate-session[2839]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] WARNING: Could
not launch application 'print-applet.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to
execute child process
"/usr/lib/system-config-printer/system-config-printer-applet" (No such file or
directory)

The file in question is here:

     /usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer-applet

Check to see if it's a script with a #! line pointing to an invalid interpreter
(like an old version of python or perl that's no longer installed) - the "No
such file or directory" can refer to either the program or its interpreter.

        -alan-