On Sun, Feb 03, 2019 at 10:54:37AM +0000, Jim Klimov wrote: > And on my side, I dug into why that venerable piece of software, > the Sun DHCP server which I've actually used and liked, just up and > died in illumos-gate some years back (ultimately leading to its > removal), and what can be done about it.
> Thanks to andyf I revived the SUNWdhcpd for the setup I maintain > and had to recently update to modern OI releases, see > http://www.jimklimov.com/2019/02/long-live-sunwdhcpd.html for > details and caveats, and > https://github.com/jimklimov/illumos-gate/tree/revive-SUNWdhcpd for > equivalent codebase fix :) You don't need the Sun DHCP server to operate Sun Ray terminals. You can use the ISC DHCP server instead. Here's what I used to use in the ISC configuration file: # Sun Ray vendor options option space NewT; option NewT.AuthSrvr code 21 = ip-address; ... subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { range 192.168.0.129 192.168.0.158; option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0; option broadcast-address 192.168.0.255; option routers 192.168.0.1; default-lease-time 600; max-lease-time 7200; if option vendor-class-identifier = "SUNW.NewT.SUNW" { vendor-option-space NewT; option NewT.AuthSrvr 130.179.16.87; } } This configuration specifies a dynamic IP address for the Sun Ray terminal, and 130.179.16.87 as the IP address of the Sun Ray login server. There's more that can be specified, but this is the minimum. The ISC configuration for Sun Ray terminals is all documented in Sun documents, now presumably Oracle Solaris documents. -- -Gary Mills- -refurb- -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada- _______________________________________________ openindiana-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
