On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 22:49, Joshua M. Clulow <j...@sysmgr.org> wrote:
[..]

> The OI media from 20181023 is getting a bit old at this point.  There
> have been various fixes to illumos since then.  Would you be willing
> to try booting media from another distribution with a more recent ISO
> available?

I found today time to give change OmniOS :)
However results are mixed .. let's say half landed on the table and half on
the floor.

So I was able to boot and install OmniOS r151028b as Sthephan advised all
works only in legacy mode.
So that part confirm that initial CPU, memory etc initialisation went OK
and OI looks like it should be updated.
Than after this I'm still not able to boot OmniOS :(
Legacy or UEFI boot do not recognises any OS to boot.
I've been trying to mount EFI first partition to check which one path in
UEFI partition I should add to chainloader to other disk with Linux grub
boot entries but looks like I'm not able to mount first EFI/vfat partition.

All this so fat on SuperMicro HW where I have four disk wit already
installed Windows (1st disk), Solaris 11.4 (2nd), Linux (3rd) and fourth
was planned for OpenIndiana.
Another thing is that looks like installation OmniOS on 4th disk caused
trashing installed Windows on 1st disk.
Looks like some bits probably have been written on that 1st disk and now I
have issue with booting Windows which is asking to boot from recovery image.

BTW .. what is the current status with full UEFI support?

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH