Hi All,

Hope that everyone is doing well today.  I am doing great and am posting
this from Firefox from within my fresh native install of OpenIndiana
(Hipster).  I have made the plunge into the Illumos world now and plan on
trying to do everything from here while mostly migrating away from Linux,
Windows, and MAC except to possible run them from within VirtualBox
installed on OpenIndiana (which I still need to learn how to do yet).

Anyway, I just learned a little about "pgk" and am trying to see out I can
install a VNC server so that I can connect to this box from another system
tomorrow while I am at the office. To that end, I just tried:

---------------------------
lonnie@openindiana:~$ pkg list | grep vnc
desktop/remote-desktop/tigervnc                   1.8.0-2018.0.0.2
  i--
x11/server/xvnc                                   1.8.0-2018.0.0.2

lonnie@openindiana:~$ pfexec pkg search -r tightvnc   #(NO TightVNC Found
it seems)

lonnie@openindiana:~$ pfexec pkg search -r vnc
INDEX       ACTION VALUE                                   PACKAGE
pkg.summary set    A VNC client for the GNOME Desktop
 pkg:/desktop/remote-desktop/vinagre@3.22.0-2018.0.0.0
pkg.summary set    VNC server and client C libraries
pkg:/library/libvncserver@0.9.10-2018.0.0.1
pkg.summary set    VNC server for use with real X displays
pkg:/x11/x11vnc@0.9.15-2018.0.0.0
pkg.summary set    gtk-vnc - A GTK widget for VNC client
pkg:/library/desktop/gtk-vnc@0.7.1-2018.0.0.0
lonnie@openindiana:~$

So then, my question is if I should install tigervnc as the vnc server?  If
so, then would it be correct to say that I can connect to it from a Windows
TightVNC client from the office?

Cheers,
Lonniue