On 10/14/19 15:14, Dieter Klünter wrote:
Hi,
I lost my root pw :-) There are some recipies for Linux based OS's, but
how can this resolved with OI?

-Dieter

Hi Dieter,

On OI, *root* is role, not user... BUT, if you have changed it to be user, then I would do it this way (I would also pul out network cable, case box is available from net):

a) boot from CDROM (or USB) live image
b) mount active BE (Boot Environment) somewhere (/mnt)
c) (carefully) remove password from /mnt/etc/shadow # do not break fields!
d) boot to BE and set password

This "guide" is back from Solaris times...
Actually, I would like if someone can confirm that this still works.

HTH,
Predrag Zečević

--
Dieter Klünter | Directory Service
http://sys4.de

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zece...@2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!