Am 19.10.20 um 19:46 schrieb Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss:
On Monday, October 19, 2020, 5:19:49 PM GMT+3, Gary Mills
<gary_mi...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

What was the application?  Is it already available from OI?  As far as
I can tell, only desktop/fbreader, media/vlc, and system/virtualbox
are available from OI?
The application is called LANShare

https://github.com/abdularis/LAN-Share

and it is not available from OI. It is very easy to make a Solaris package
Please read http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/userland/
It is very important to use our build system. With it you can create
your own packages,
and if something is interesting for others, you could create pull
requests on Github for it and it can be integrated into OI.

It takes some time to get acquainted with it but it's worth it. Building
applications and deliver tar files to machines is not 21st century.

Regards
Andreas

but I have no idea how to make a new style package... I want to use it where
I work in order to easily transfer files from one computer to another.

It sounds as if the application requires gcc-6, but you tried to build
it with gcc-7.  Can you try gcc-6 instead?
Well I actually use gcc-6! I was thinking that the compiler would be
upgraded while upgrading the system but it seems this is not true. But
now I will not do anything since, as I have already reported in another
message, I installed Qt5 on a system and the system became useless as I
could not log in. When the problem will be fixed I think I will remove
gcc-6 and I will install gcc-7.

Best regards,

Apostolos
Apostolos Syropoulos