On 03/23/21 11:12 AM, russell wrote:
Hi

My dual opteron motherboard finally died, so I had to build a new workstation based on a Ryzen 5 5600X. Once the workstation was built, I started the Openindiana install, downloading the 2020 October text based iso. Very happy with the installation, no problems there as I wanted to create a mirrorred boot pair of SSDs. After completing the Openindiana install on the mirrored pair, I performed a pkg refresh, then a pkg update creating a new BE. After completing the update and I performed pkg install mate_install it worked fine, though I have noticed a couple of things.

1) when performing a pkg install/update the create plan can take a very, very long time compared to the Dual Opteron 2435 workstation.      Things that took seconds or worse a few minutes can now take hours...(literally being left over night)

2) When I attempted to replace the Nvidia-390 driver with the Nvidia-460 driver, by removing the Nvidia-390 driver it has a dependency on nvidia pkg, attempting to remove nvidia pkg results in a warning that the mate install depends on pkg nvidia.

How can upgrade to the Nvidia-460 driver?

Regards

Russell