On 04/27/21 12:19 AM, Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss wrote:
I'd like to run Hipster in a VBox VM for web access with twm as the window
manager for the host.

Is this likely to be possible, i.e. how much window manager stuff does VBox
require?  If not I can revert to using 2 window managers,  but I'd rather not
if I can avoid the added complexity and limitations.  You can't move windows
between screens if you are running 2 window managers.

Reg

Hi!

The window manager should have no effect on the X-application itself. i just tested VBox with twm by switching the window manager whilst working in the Mate-Desktop-Environment

pkill marco && twm

It works.

Stephan