In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Deleting empty directories, Michelle...:

Basically, I extract all the flac files out of my main music
collection, to a separate location, (using rsync) and then I have to
delete the empty directories that rsync has created.

You could use '--prune-empty-dirs' with rsync.

I managed the first part, no problem. However, it's the deleting of
empty directories that is causing me trouble.

The Linux command is...
find /mnt/jaguar/users/michelle/FlacCopy -type d -empty -delete
...however the OI version of find doesn't support -empty

No, but it supports '-depth', which means you can

        find /mnt/jaguar/users/michelle/FlacCopy -depth -type d \
                -exec rmdir {} \; 2>/dev/null

That will fail *a lot*, but the error messages are thrown away and the
empty directories will be deleted.

or if you have GNU fileutils installed (so 'grmdir' exists)

        find /mnt/jaguar/users/michelle/FlacCopy -depth -type d \
                -exec grmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty {} \;

-depth is important for either of these to work.

The best part of both of those is that you can insert 'echo' between
'-exec' and the start of the command, and it will show you what it's
going to do without doing it.  If you like what you see, just remove the
'echo'.

I've tried to install gfind, but that doesn't appear to be available.

Someone else already answered with the correct pkg FMRI.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /