On 9/6/23 23:25, Carl Brewer wrote:

Is this now a "Wait for us to fix it" issue? I don't have the skill or resources (AFAIK) to be involved in recompiling/porting to gcc-10.

Hello!

I am not an expert either. May knowledge is sort of "if it builds with gcc-10 and gmake test is ok then i am happy - FAIL otherwise".

At the moment i don't find time to work through the gcc7-package-list (since 06.08.2023 now) and the new room for my little daughter (3) isn't ready yet..

We are only a few people that are using illumos-based distributions, and we all have to work together, everyone with the time and skill that is there.

Whilst being here i learn about how much work it is to keep a distribution on time, and sometimes how complicated it is to 'only' compile a packages with a different compiler :-/

I am interested in assisting and will do so when i find time again.

Regards,

Stephan