On 1/10/24 15:26, Matthew R. Trower wrote:
I wonder why we don't have source in our build system.  Sun didn't publish sources for some components because they couldn't get licenses, but that shouldn't have been the case here.  It's just idle speculation on my part, don't worry about it.

For things like jedit, it may just be that no one ever translated the build
recipe from the old OpenSolaris Desktop rpm-style spec file to the Userland
Makefile used by OI.  I think hg.openindiana.org used to have a mirror of the
spec files from opensolaris.org, but all those sites are offline now, and I
don't know if or where a public mirror would still exist.  When OI started,
it first built all the sources in the formats OpenSolaris published, but over
time it simplified the build process from a mish-mash of a dozen different
build systems into the oi-userland combined repo for all of them, but that
required people who cared about each package to do the translation to the
common build system.

        -alan-