I just installed audacity on my Z840 system using pkg(1m). However, at execution it failed with an unresolved library reference. I did a full "pkg update" of my system. It failed again with the same error. An ldd(1) check of the audacity binary showed a number of other "file not found" results for libraries. The package came from the "hipster-encumbered" repository dated 2022. I should like to propose that ANY AND ALL packages in the OI repositories be tested before inclusion in a release by running ldd(1) across the ALL the executables in a clean install of the release. And any packages not linking be excluded from the repository from that release until such time that they are fixed. I shall be pleased to implement the required tools if all can agree. Have Fun!Reg _______________________________________________ openindiana-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
[OpenIndiana-discuss] Basic QC on packages
Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss Fri, 18 Sep 2026 11:07:40 -0700
- [OpenIndiana-discuss] Basic QC ... Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss
- Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] ... Mariusz Zynel
- Re: [OpenIndiana-discu... Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss
- Re: [OpenIndiana-d... Peter Tribble
- Re: [OpenIndia... James via openindiana-discuss
