On Wednesday 28 February 2007 15:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The reason for the acpi_bus_register/unregister is to get the handle
> of the IPMI ACPI object.  There isn't a way to get the device handle
> otherwise.  Once it gets the handle it doesn't need the ACPI device
> anymore.

Well, but in a world of truth and beauty, we should treat the
interface as an ACPI device, and we really should only be using
it after acpi_ipmi_add() and before acpi_ipmi_remove().  So that
implies that we shouldn't call acpi_bus_unregister_driver() until
we're ready to unload the driver.

I have no idea how multiple IPMI devices should be handled.  But
some HP systems have several, and I think they can be hot-added
and removed.

Bjorn