Since I had to run that old app for those performance screenshots, I found
this: https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-30868

I'm just highlighting it here because it is another pretty major backwards
compatibility issue between minor release versions. I think backwards
compatibility of styling is going to be pretty darn hard for you guys to
preserve (read "impossible").

Here's where I throw out my usual call to have Applets and Webstart
deprecated, so we don't need auto-updating, and so this kind of backwards
compatibility issue isn't so debilitating. Yea, yea, no go, whatever.

Hopefully I'm the only one who built an app with single letter buttons,
that also has the wrap-text flag set to true for the base button style, but
if you were unlucky enough to do this and your app is using web deployment,
you probably want to tweak your code around this.