Including the list.

Thanks Tom, good to double check the licensing issues.

As I understand it all of the OpenJDK and OpenJFX is released under GPLv2
http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html

I interpret this to mean that it can be redistributed, modified and
generally used however we want so long as we distribute it with the same
licence. I interpret that to mean we can both deploy any and all openjfx
classes and libraries into OSS Maven and also modify the code (as done with
the 78-backport) and distribute that via Maven too.

If anyone from Oracle has a problem with that, let me know asap. In the
absence of any objections I am pushing ahead with the deployment to Maven.

On the same topic, my plan is to push only the iOS builds of the
78-backport at this stage.

I intend to deploy the iOS jfxrt.jar using the following details:

  groupId: net.java.openjfx
  artifactId: openjfx-78-backport
  version: 1.8.0-ea-b96.1
  classifier: ios

Where the version is the OpenJFX version the backport was last merged with,
plus an extra number for whatever release the backport is up to relative to
that build (e.g. we might do several releases of the backport per build of
OpenJFX).

I also intend to zip up all the native files for the backport and deploy
this zip as:

  groupId: net.java.openjfx
  artifactId: openjfx-78-backport-native
  version: 1.8.0-ea-b96.1
  classifier: ios

Note that both of the above assume that the jfxrt.jar is not architecture
specific (the same jar is used on i386 and armv7) and the zip file will
contain the native libs for both architectures.

If anyone has any objections to any of that or better suggestions, shout
out quickly. With some luck this will start to happen in the next day or
two and once it's up it's up. You cannot remove or change a file once it is
in Maven Central except in extreme cases like licence violation, in which
case it is a pretty involved and messy procedure.

For builds of OpenJFX other than the backport (including the jfx packaging
tools) I have a very strong preference for the JavaFX team to provide me
(or anyone willing to get involved with this) all the various built
binaries for all the various OS's and architectures and then I will push
these into Maven.

I prefer this as I really don't like the idea of us out in the community
building these in bits and pieces (you do Linux, I'll do windows, etc) with
all the ways that can go wrong (accidental mistakes, viruses, malicious
people doing bad stuff just for kicks, etc). It would obviously be ideal if
Oracle just added a simple push to Maven at the end of their automated
build system but they are not that way inclined. Getting the binaries from
them would be at least half way there and reduce the scope for problems.

>From what I've been told, I wouldn't expect these binaries to be provided
in a way that makes them easy to get at and upload anytime soon due to
internal red tape, so if you are holding out for this stuff to end up in
Maven, best to raise that issue with the JFX guys.