> By the way, can I suggest moving away from the forest hg extension - it's no
> longer supported & can't be made to work reliably on Mac.

Which page did you see this one? I see this on the Building OpenJFX wiki page:

"(Note: Historically you also had to clone the "jfx" repository in the forest
that you cared about. However we have modified our approach, such that we no
longer promote the use of a forest, and instead are putting all of our sources
in a single repository, presently named "rt")."

We actually don't use the forest extension on OpenJFX at all anymore, if we're
still referring to it on a page I'll fix it.

Also, are you using the OpenJFX master, or OpenJFX Controls or OpenJFX graphics
repo? Graphics / Controls are the daily team repos, master being only sync'd up
weekly.

> I'm attempting to get OpenJFX built & running against the tip of Nashorn.

OK the first question I have is to make sure I understand correctly. Do you
mean that you're trying to build the latest OpenJFX + the latest Nashorn,
combine them into a single JDK build, and then write an app that uses both? Is
Nashorn developed in a different repo, like OpenJFX is, or is it now built as
part of the normal JDK 8?

> > Assuming it is, it still isn't working. After a certain amount of
> > yak-shaving (Gradle being useless, and having to hack around the forest
> > extension gunk) the build is failing (details below).

Why did you need forest? Maybe if we start here with where the yak shaving
exercise started then maybe I can see where you may have left the beaten path.

> > /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar

Which build of Java 8 is this?

> > :fxpackager:compileLauncher
> > In file included from
> > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:6,
> >                 from
> > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Headers/Cocoa.h:12,
> >                 from
> > /Users/boxcat/projects/openjdk/master/rt/modules/fxpackager/src/main/native/launcher/mac/main.m:26:
> > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:12:20:
> > error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory

I'm building with 10.8 rather than 10.7. Kevin do you know what the hudson
machines are setup to build with?

Looking at main.m line 26 we see this import:

#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>

It seems that something must be misconfigured on your system if importing
Cocoa.h leads to a compile error. I'm not an expert on Mac native programming,
maybe Felipe or David Dehaven can chime in?

Thanks
Richard