Hi Pedro,

on CSS as a spec: You are right the spec does not only hold a language
                  definition but also the definition of e.g. the
                  box-model, ... who simply can not be applied to FX
                  unless you completely revamp how it works

on CSS: The grammer of the CSS-Language is at
        http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/grammar.html with a descrption at
        http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html with updates in later
        specs and CSS can not only be applied to HTML-Doms but e.g.
        also to SVG where you have completely different attributes.

        See www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-SVG11-20110816/styling.html how few
        properties SVG and HTML-CSS share! So to me it looks like the
        authors of SVG see CSS in the same way the JavaFX-Team does it
        as a styleing DSL leaving out things like the Box-Model, ...

on SASS: I see no reason it can not be used. Like I said SASS is simply
         syntatic sugar above the CSS Language, but it does not really
         care about how the properties are named! I've attached you a
         sample of scss file derived from the projects website using
         JavaFX properties and to me the output looks correct, maybe
         there are advanced features I'm not aware of - I haven't used
         SASS at all

on Compass: This one does not work with FX because it somehow deals
            with the properties

on reusing CSS-HTML-Properties: I think the confusion would be getting
          worse if we'd start mixing HTML-CSS-Property names with -fx
          ones (which we need in any case) - even if we can get them
          100% HTML-CSS compliant.

          I don't see me blindly copying a HTML-CSS which assumes the
          Box-Model, element-types who are not existing in FX at all

Tom

.button {
  -fx-font: {
    family: serif;