Von: openjfx-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net
[mailto:openjfx-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net] Im Auftrag von Robert Fisher
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. August 2013 09:07
An: openjfx-dev@openjdk.java.net
Betreff: RE: Poor quality font rendering

Hi all,

I've done a few tests to compare font rendering between JavaFX and something
native on my 64bit Windows 7 machine. I used Firefox to test native font
rendering, and JavaFX 8 b100 (my apologies if something's been fixed since
then), using the code Phil just posted to create a Label, explicitly specifying
black text & a white background. The font is the default one: Segoe UI, size 12.

I've attached a screenshot of the word 'Entry' blown up 400%, with the native
text on the left. They are similar but the native text is slightly darker. This
is actually quite significant - when viewed at 100% the native text looks
clearer and more vibrant.

The right side of the 'r' is also cut off in the JavaFX case. Is this related
to https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-14187 ? And is there anything I can
do to increase the 'blackness' of my JavaFX text and make it more like the
native text?

Thanks for the help.

Rob